Sunday, September 18, 2022

Last Hurrah of the Morning Glories

Among my favorite flowers in the garden are the morning glories, they have been prolific, growing up and over the fences, this year the vines are spreading on the ground. A bit of morning cheer and they last from spring til the first frost each year. They are fading, some of the vines have dried and had to be cleared.
I wish I had luck with the moon flowers I tried growing. I had wanted to alternate them with morning glories so I would have the beautiful pale blossoms later in the day with their beautiful scent but they didn't take. I noticed the leaves on the trees in my neighborhood and especially the common (for those not from New England, some cities and most all old towns would have a small park in the center, that was for common usage, in some larger towns a larger common allowed farmers cows and sheep to graze on a market day. Or space for the town militia to muster in the lead up to the Revolutionary War thus the term common) have started to turn, though whether we will have beautiful yellows, oranges and reds on the trees or more brown and tans is anybody's guess. All I see is a hint of dullish color. It all depends on bright hot days, and cooler nights.

No comments:

Post a Comment